If there is a list of games that have gained immense popularity in a short amount of time, Clash of Clans would be one of the top games on the list. This game is played by not only young kids but adults as well. This guide will show you how to turn a Private Server CoC on.
Clash of Clans – A Brief Introduction
Clash of Clans is a game designed for iOS and Android devices alike by Supercell. The game is available on both Android and Apple devices for free from their respective app stores.
It has many different characters such as barbarians, wizards, archers, and giants that form the troop that defends the village and attacks other clans to get resources like elixir, gems, gold and dark elixir. Not only do the players get to fight against many players all around the world, but they also get to make a clan that helps destroy enemy clans.
Private Server CoC for Download
According to GameSpot, Clash of Clans has become one of the most played games, where more than 100 million people play the game every day.
However, sometimes the game can get boring as the player has to wait for a while (such as a week or maybe even more) to get their desired item updated. This is usually because of the long waits you have to go through to get the amount of gold or elixir that is needed for these updates.
I believe all of us pray that we can find a way to get through all of this hassle quicker, so we can play more games. It’s a good thing that private servers are there to be our saving grace. The private servers of CoC can provide players with all the resources they want. If this isn’t exciting enough, these resources are unlimited, so you can use as many as you want.
What you need to remember before knowing more about a private server is that usually, you would be required to root your Android device or else it might not work properly. For Apple users, you would be required to have jailbroken iOS devices so that you can enjoy the benefits provided by the private server.
Pros and Cons of a Private Server CoC
Before you run off to play Clash of Clans on a private server, the smart thing to do would be to know what are the pros and cons of the server. You can, however, rest assured that the pros outweigh the cons, so you can play this awesome game without any worries.
- The supply of elixir, gold, gem and dark elixir would be unlimited (thank the lord).
- As happens on the original server, you would be able to make a clan or join a clan.
- I’m sure townhall level 11 is a dream come true for most of us (probably all of us), but with private servers, you can reach up to townhall level 11 in no time instead of waiting years for it (or so I’ve been told).
- These servers are updated regularly as well so that the game is up to date with the original server.
- Friendly battles with fellow clan members are doable on private servers.
- Usually, training one’s troops takes a while, which is so difficult to spend when all you want to do is to attack a village. This problem has been solved by private servers which take a lot less time to train the troops.
For all the advantages that a private server CoC provides, there are some cons attached with it too. These are:
- The game is temporary, so you do not have much to earn.
- The modded servers may lag in some cases because of a huge number of people that are playing the game.
- In some cases, because of a peculiar bug in the server, the level resets in the private server.
Private Server CoC for Android
Before switching the private server on, make sure you have logged into your google account so that you can save all the data and progress you have made before. If you do not do this, there is a big chance of all your data and progress being lost permanently.
What to Do to Turn the Private Server On?
There are a few steps that you need to follow so that you can use the private server and play Clash of Clans.
- Download the private server of Clash of Clans from the internet. There are some websites that might introduce a virus into the system, so it’s better to look properly before downloading.
- Install the app once the download is complete.
- When you open the app, download of the modded package would start automatically.
- As mentioned above, you would need to root your device. For this, when the app asks you for the root permission, you have to allow it.
- You would be provided with a list of servers and you can choose any one of the given servers.
- After selecting the server, you would be required to press connect to start the game.
If you want to turn back to the original server, all you have to do is:
- Click on the official server button.
- Click on connect and you would start playing the game from the official server.
Private Server for iOS
While playing on a private server with an Android device is easy, playing with an iOS is a bit tricky. But not to worry, we would guide you all the way to the end.
Originally, there are two ways through which you can install the private server app on your Apple device. The one that would work and is a lot easier is the iFile method. All you need to do is edit the hosts file which has the IP address of the server. This would enable it to redirect your game to the private server. Just follow a few simple steps to make it work.
Before editing the hosts file, though, make sure you back it up somehow so that when you want to change back to the original server, you would be able to without much problem.
- Find an Android device that can help you obtain IP addresses. You can probably borrow it from someone you know.
- Open the private server of Clash of Clans on the Android device and copy the IP address for the private server you want to use.
- Open Cydia.
- Find iFile and download it.
- When iFile is installed, open it.
- Browse “/ >> etc”.
- Find the hosts file.
- Once the hosts file is ready, add a new line that says “(the IP address of your Private Server CoC) game.clashofclans.com”.
- After altering the hosts file, press the return button only once. This is a very important step, so do it properly.
- Save the hosts file and close iFile.
Finally, open your Clash of Clans app to play the game on a private server!